Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sept. 22-23, Naval Station North Island, Coronado, CA.
Coronado Speed Festival Fleet Week San Diego 2010

If you want a car club corral pass, please contact Hillary Griffith <hillarygriffith at cox dot net>.

The corral pass is only for preferred parking at the event. You must purchase a separate admission ticket.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Are any other Alfa's going to this? And is the Corral worth the trouble? I mean will there be other Alfas there and is the parking closer to the event than the regular parking? Franklly, I'm tempted to take my Vespa...
Carl

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Are any other Alfa's going to this? And is the Corral worth the trouble? I mean will there be other Alfas there and is the parking closer to the event than the regular parking? Franklly, I'm tempted to take my Vespa...
Carl
We got 35 passes and about 10 cars so far. Parking is the reason you get the pass. The car club corrals are inside the event behind the grandstands on start/finish in a more or less controlled environment for your Alfa. General parking is a good 1/4 mile farther out. If you want a pass get in touch with Hillary Griffith (see the message for her email).

Ciao!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Speed Fest

Please come by and visit me in the pits. This is my first time running this event and I am looking forward to it.:D There will be some very nice Alfas running including a TZ.
I have a red Giulia Sprint GT running #199 this weekend.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hello Lance ,
Its been a while, just emailed Hillary for the corral passes, please make room for two,
a 69 and a 67 spider and a duetto, both red.

Hope to see you soon,

HAIG

·
Registered
427 Posts
Just got the coral pass and bought tickets for Sunday. We will be there around lunchtime on Sunday to see the races. ;-) Save us a parking spot with the other Alfas!
Carl

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Lance ,
Its been a while, just emailed Hillary for the corral passes, please make room for two,
a 69 and a 67 spider and a duetto, both red.

Hope to see you soon,

HAIG
Great Haig! I'll be there on Saturday. There should be plenty of room for all the Alfas both days.

Ciao!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Great Haig! I'll be there on Saturday. There should be plenty of room for all the Alfas both days.

Ciao!
Hello again Lance ,

Hillary must be busy.......and looks like i will be driving down solo...Sunday only.

Can you arrange for a corral pass...should i get there by 9...

maybe i can pm you my cell...!

Haig

·
Registered
324 Posts
Speed Fest

What a great weekend, up until I spun.:mad:
I have attended every one of those as a spectator and it was great to finally get to participate. Thanks Lance for all the photos on Facebook. It was nice to see old friends, and meet new ones. Thanks to everyone who stopped by the paddock. I guess I have to talk about the race now.;)
The weekend went perfect, the car ran great. I found some cars to run with and started to feel more comfortable with my car. A little too comfortable. During the race, I left my braking for turn #1 a little later and locked the rears. I trailbraked and turned in but I was in the marbles, they were thick as it was the end of a long weekend of racing. Next thing you know, I killed an orange cone and was sitting facing the oncoming traffic and the engine was dead. This was my first spin of the weekend, so I just sat there for a few seconds wondering what to do. Then I remembered my car has a starter.:eek: I got it refired and took off knowing I would get a black flag next time around. That is mandatory if you go off. I came in for my talk with the steward and was sent back out only to see the checkered flag as I headed up the straight.
Even with that, I couldn't have had a better weekend. If any of you are thinking about vintage racing, do it. I waited 25 years to finally get into it. Next stop, driver's school!:D

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are some video and snapshots of the Saturday running.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts