Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got my car this connection was not hooked up so why are there two. Which one goes to my in-car heater? Top or bottom.

What does the other one go to?

I'm baffled!

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
When I got my car this connection was not hooked up so why are there two. Which one goes to my in-car heater? Top or bottom.

What does the other one go to?

I'm baffled!
The top one goes to the heater inside the car. The bottom one goes to the water pump.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My water pump just has the big connection for the radiator and the small one that goes to heater core.

I should have said this is a 1600.

Do I have the wrong intake manifold?

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,052 Posts
My early '65 S1 1600 has a steel "T" device near the firewall with three hose connections. The later models do not have this. But I am not near my car to take pics or look and describe it. Perhaps someone else with an S1 can answer?

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
See my 2009 thread on this subject here. Plenty of photos.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The pictures are not very clear in my manual but it does appear that I am supposed to have a "T" for the return hose so that the lower manifold connection will "T" into the return hose for the heater core to water pump.

Now I just need to find the right size T. Hopefully the hardware store will have a brass T that will work.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,052 Posts
A simple hand-drawn schematic might help. The OE "T" piece has raised humps on the end to hold the hose on with the clamp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts