Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all my coolant is draining over nite like from max then on the ground cant see a hose or any leaks ...but lots of coolant on the ground. any thoughts.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Can you tell us where under the car it shows up? There are a lot of smaller hose connections around the right front corner.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,595 Posts
Gotta check all the hose connections. Often it'll leak after you park it (residual heat from the exhaust further heating the non-circulating coolant). Drive it until really warmed up, park it, and then watch for leaks (especially connections at the tank, the T-fitting below the tank, and the two short hoses behind the thermostat)

One other thing I've learned on the Milano: don't fill to the top mark on the coolant tank. You only want to fill it to around the bottom mark or the seam on the tank. There's not enough head space in the tank to handle the coolant expanding when it gets hot, and if you fill to the top mark cold you will get coolant out the cap when the engine gets hot. This may potentially be your problem.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, sourced it the indent in my collant tank had cracks in it and would only leak at pressure. tech steeled it up and it looks good but will have to do till new one arrives.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,595 Posts
That indent in the middle? Yeah, I've had like three of the aftermarket replacement tanks fail there. Make sure you have a 0.7 bar cap and not a 1.0 bar one to help prevent the problem. And hang on to the old one just in case...

What did the tech use to seal it?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thaks gubi I used tech steel which you most people call jb weld or kwik stick or liquad steel.

holding for now!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts