Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was taking my daughter somewhere the other day and drove by the local Fiat dealership. Recently, they added Maserati and the other day a new and beautiful Alfa Romeo logo was on the side of the building. This is in Kirkland, WA by the way. I'll have to cruise on over there and check out the 4C once they're in stock.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I drive by that dealership twice a day on my commute. Very cool to see; I need to stop by and see what accessories I can score. I need a new key fob, hat, t-shirt...

·
Premium Member
15,854 Posts
I strongly suspect that although they may have an Alfa sign on the building, they will never have parts for any of the previous cars that we own. The "new" Alfa Romeo USA will not be interested in any of those cars. Thank goodness there are other people interested in keeping the supply of older parts coming.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
scatlin - which car do you have? I'll keep an eye out for ya'.

Del is definitely right that they'll never carry parts for older cars.

By the way, if you need a cool Alfa shirt hit me up. Mine pretty much rock.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Look for a black 164S with a roof rack. I live in Bothell and work in Willows with AlfaMale164S.

I'm sure I won't find parts for my car at the new dealerships, but they'll probably sell some Alfa personal accessories. Hats, shirts, umbrellas, etc. Though to be fair, my Mom owns a screen-printing and embroidery company in Kirkland so I could probably get just about anything I wanted stamped with the AR logo :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
I didn't mean to turn this thread into an advertisement for her shop, but if you're asking about my Mom's company, she can screenprint, silkscreen or embroider anything as long as she can get it in vector or EPS format. If it's not in that format she can usually convert a file into what she needs. She can also print full four-color image with great clarity.

·
Premium Member
15,854 Posts
Not that I care, as certainly the Alfa emblem has been copied before many times (including a Tshirt I have), I just wonder how legal that is going to be, now that Alfa Romeo is back officially, and protective of their copyrighted name and emblem.

I know there is a company in Texas I think which makes motorhomes under the name Alfa (not that anyone is going to mistake a motorhome for the car, lol). I wonder if they will have to change their product name now, since Alfa has been in business for far longer.

·
Registered
245 Posts
IANAL and I'm sure that selling Alfa related stuff is against copyright or trademark laws, but I doubt they'll come after her for a couple shirts. I assume that the local Alfa chapters get away with it since they're affiliated with the manufacturer? Or maybe its such a small fish in a gigantic multinational pond?

I'm pretty sure the RV company is in the clear since they don't sell a competing product.

·
Premium Member
15,854 Posts
I'm sure you are correct about copying the emblems, although I've heard of them stopping some doing it. Didn't the 164 Digest or BB have this very problem at one time?

"I'm pretty sure the RV company is in the clear since they don't sell a competing product"

I think it might end up being the spelling which might make the difference. I've read about companies going after less than that.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I wasn't talking about copying the Alfa logo.

I was asking if the new local FIAT dealership (that you walked past in your original post) had the recently changed Alfa logo on its walls (refer 2015 Ferrari F1) or the version as found on all the cars at the moment.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I visited our new Alfa dealer and I saw a cool Fiat picnic basket that was reasonably priced. My wife ended up getting it for me as my Christmas present. Since I have a 124 spider in addition to my 164, it was a welcome present. They may have some clothing available with Alfa logo, but so far, no real parts for my 164. Maybe a nose badge, but that would be about it.

Cheers,

·
Registered
50 Posts
Best to find an old time independent Alfa mechanic who knows these cars, I would think.
I contacted many "foreign automobile mechanics"....most are like, "oh god no"...lol....did however find one that used to work at German Auto Haus, a now defunct Alfa dealer in our area...others do all cars such as Mercedes, BMW, Audi...I am not a big dealership kinda guy, but if the mechanics were trained on the manufacturer, though much older, would be a good option at least

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
New dealer mechanics are not likely going to be factory trained on 25 year old car. They'll get on the job training on yours, and you'll be paying for their mistakes:)

·
Premium Member
15,854 Posts
I'm pretty sure you will not see any service for older Alfas at these new dealerships.

·
Registered
50 Posts
New dealer mechanics are not likely going to be factory trained on 25 year old car. They'll get on the job training on yours, and you'll be paying for their mistakes:)
I know what you mean but hell...if I owned a Honda, maybe not a 25 year old Honda...lol, I would feel somewhat confident that a Honda dealer could fix the problem....but I understand the whole "your car is the guinea pig" concept Richard...lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts