Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just had some success with the 3-step Renovo top restoration system. Has anyone just had the rear window replaced rather than putting big bucks into a new top?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ken, I removed the top and delivered Durhams here in Seattle. They removed the old plastic and sewed in new. Labor.....100.00, plastic...50.00.
Good luck.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Ken, I removed the top and delivered Durhams here in Seattle. They removed the old plastic and sewed in new. Labor.....100.00, plastic...50.00.
Good luck.
How good does the new stitching look? The reason I'm asking is because on all the ones I've seen, the re-stitching never looks as good as the original one... The original stitching is always very straight and clean. If there is a place that can achieve this, then that would be a really good option.

Best regards,

·
Registered
26 Posts
The top is cloth and in good shape so I thought I could get a few years out of it. They cut out the plastic window leaving the orginal stiching.They sewed in the new plastic window with black thread right along the original stiching and you really have to look close to see it. It took a couple of pics but have to figure out how to resize.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
The top on my '86 Alfa Spider is the original German cloth.
Man, german or chinese, I wouldnt think any cloth could stand 21 yrs and still be good. I mean , still shed water in a rain, is what I mean by good. Seems like it could be due for an entire new top, in which case, problem solved. Did mine myself and top was $350 or so. Also, restored the rusted out frame, while I had it off. Why waste 150 $ for just a new window????

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
I doubt the cloth is still in good shape in all areas. I'd go ahead and just replace the top as long as you have to take it off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts