Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! on my S3, one screw has fallen out of each top latch. Are there captive nuts inside the head rail? Do I have to peal the top off of the rail to gain access?

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
HELP! on my S3, one screw has fallen out of each top latch. Are there captive nuts inside the head rail? Do I have to peal the top off of the rail to gain access?
Hi mgsteve,

As I recall, there is a "captive" but "floating" rectangular plate containing two threaded holes in each side of the top windscreen rail that the convertible top latches are secured to. You can remove both screws holding either steel latch plate assembly, and the plate inside the rail with the threaded holes will stay put, but when you re-install the latch you will have to put one screw part way in and then wiggle/twist it a little to get the second hole to line up in order to begin threading in the mating screw.

Most hardware stores will carry the proper sized oval head metric screws to replace your missing ones, but take one of your old ones with you to help get the right size and length. If stainless is available, get that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts