Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need a little help on finishing off my top installation. Questions about three areas.

1. Across the front main bow there are two rivet points on each side. Am I correct in concluding that the inner rivet point is where the front seal, the remainder of the top sleeve, and the front of the window bolster (that is free above the vent window) attach? And am I also correct in that the top steel cable goes to the outer rivet point?

2. On the bow that runs above the b pillar and back of the door where the window bolster attaches, there is a plate and a backing plate with three or four rivet points to attach the window bolster to the side of the bow. My question is what is the correct way to wrap the bolster around the plates prior to riveting?

3. After you have the front of the top secure with the seal channel, and the seal in place in the channel, do you still glue the seal in place across the free leading edge? Should the seal be glued into the channel as well?

All help appreciated!

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no manuals at all.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am taken care of!

Big thanks to Roadtrip. He got me squared away!

John M

·
Registered
66 Posts
Those are all the same questions I have except the last.
The loop of the side cable attaches to which piont? the T-bolt, rivet? or reverse the loop run it threw to the turnbuckle? (that doesn't seem right) The two manuals that I have don't seem to be helping me with the cable and I haven't even got to the front corners of the top yet... : )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts