Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1984 Veloce. I am always preferring To do it myself. I am just now finishing with the infamous 22 nuts with washers on studs in the rain channel. The top has been quite a chore. $600-$700 labor may well have been worth the effort. I'm installing a fabric top. My knuckles are raw.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
You are a brave man! That was one job I definitely didn't fancy doing. Me + Glue =Mess. Always. And it would be very visible on a top....

·
Registered
927 Posts
I once changed my cut top and frame for a gently used complete top and frame. It was an easy shortcut, except when I lost one of the big nuts that attached the frame down the drainage tube.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Re topping an Alfa is harder than any of the BMC/Triumph cars but is not so hard that it is worth $600 labor. I have installed many new tops on BMC, Triumph, Fiat, and Alfa and if I got paid $200 for re topping an Alfa I would do as many as I could get. Not that hard!

Robert

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Robert,

What day is good for me to bring mine to you?
Just call in advance and select a sunny day. The house I am in now has no driveway or garage, just grass. I am pretty much free all the time since I had to retire in June. Retirement is why I would love to re top one or two Alfas (or BMC/Triumphs) a day - huge reduction in pay since retirement!

Thanks for the chuckle.

Robert

1 - 10 of 10 Posts