Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP
16,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Coupé
Spider 1600

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Regularity rally
1750 Spider Veloce (Euro version)

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Sedan
Spider 1600 & 1750 Spider Veloce (USA version)

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Performance car
1989 S3 Spider (ours :) )

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Coupé
Spider City

·
Registered
648 Posts
More DC Early Bird photos

More photos from the tour this morning. 69 Roundtail driving away from the Capital Building, my Italian beauties taking a break, another embassy photo, and a little Italian restaurant on the way home.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
You are so going to pay for that. :D:D:D

The darkside got spanked today....at least those that showed up!

Summit was a great track. Main straight....flat out in 5th. Unfortunately that spelled near disaster for me. Blew a guibo. But did no damage. And it was just what others have said, flat out in 5th is when it happens. Got very lucky I suppose. I heard something hit the bottom of the car. Looked in rear view and see something black bouncing down the road behind me....felt a minor vibration in the drive train. I can see how someone could miss that. It was minor and if not in tune with the sounds of the car it could result in a big mess. That took me out at the end of the first practice. I was fast...keeping up with Peter in his Montreal. Pulled into the paddock and went to work. Got her fixed for the autocross tomorrow. Don't know the times as they didn't bother to post them. But I got gridded to run ahead of Enrique by quite a bit and fastest was running first. However I didn't have it together by then.

That Stradale is rolling art. So are the 33 and the TZs.

George and Bud didn't fair as well as I did. George has a miss and knock after 2nd practice. Bud missed a shift and now running on 3 with oil on one plug. Both are done using their cars. John Hicks had an alternator bolt come loose. And is loosing coolant. Jim Kirzinger from KY also with engine trouble. Enrique though managed to drive slowly braking in every corner today and did not break....despite all his braking!:D:D:D

Lots of nice cars here. I'll try to get some autocross pics tomorrow. I think Papa is going to drive my car tomorrow with me. Otherwise I may let George drive with me. Bud is going to drive Enrique's SBS. Too bad you wimped out!:D:D:D

Your Hero,
Luke
Wow Luke you are lucky, good thing you were going so slow otherwise it could have been real bad.:D:D:D

Goes to show how things can break when your racing...............how old was the guibo?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I'm trying to figure out why most of the photos refuse to download out of the camera. This has never happened before (and I can review them in the camera, just for some reason iPhoto won't suck them through the wire). Anyway, I thought I'd offer up a few that did manage to squeeze out.

I like messing with infrared sometimes:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
And here's a few more. I'll get more up once the camera acquiesces.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,725 Posts
great photos.

thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
And a few others. I'll try to post some more tonight. Meanwhile I have to go deal with sunburn. :(

I don't think it's been mentioned on the BB yet, but at the awards brunch, it was announced that there were more than 600 Alfas on display at the concorso.

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
The Tipo 33 Stradale and the TZ2 went out for some very hot laps at the end of the day. Will post some photos of them at full throttle on the AROC-USA site within a few days.
Soon after AROC's First Lady got off the convention tour bus to look at the Lincoln Memorial, Secret Service agents rushed up and a gaggle of helicopters rumbled overhead. A very nice greeting. Oh, and the Russian premier Victor Putin's wife also came by for a visit at the same time. Alex really knows how to arrange things!

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
I don't think it's been mentioned on the BB yet, but at the awards brunch, it was announced that there were more than 600 Alfas on display at the concorso.
Bob,

I believe that Harlan meant to say over 600 attendees at the Concorso. We estimate that approximately 800 people attended the Concorso, while there were over 240 cars (Judged, not-Judged and Special Invitees).

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Bob,

I believe that Harlan meant to say over 600 attendees at the Concorso. We estimate that approximately 800 people attended the Concorso, while there were over 240 cars (Judged, not-Judged and Special Invitees).
Aha, thanks for clarifying that. Regardless of the number, it was a fantastic display, and it was a privilege to be able to see so many rare Alfas in one place.

·
Registered
692 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Nice photos, thanks for posting ..... anybody else there have a camera ? Any good photos of the Alfisti in attendance ??
I have about 200 more, but those were probably the best of mine. I also have some actual film to develop. Saw lots of other cameras. I took a couple of photos of other BB members, but hesitated to post without checking first whether people wanted their faces online.

Jerry, sorry you weren't there and sorry to hear why; the heavy metal puppet that you sent along to Glenn was a big hit. Alex presented it in front of the banquet. Glenn later had it hanging out at the jam session in the parking lot, where people just couldn't resist pulling the chain. :)

·
1991 164L
27,910 Posts
Pix at Concours finish

Some pix I snapped at end of Concours of IAP folks loading Bonnie, and then some of us loaded MUG 412 before I moved on the mingle with Gordon Barrett and crowd around his beautiful 1932 8C2300.

Being a daily 164 driver I really liked the blue 166, too.

Attachments

·
1991 164L
27,910 Posts
Gordon Barrett with his 1932 Alfa 8C2300

Gordon Barrett with Italian Embassy and Capital chapter folks with his 1932 Alfa 8C2300:

Attachments

21 - 40 of 76 Posts