Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Convention Hotel Selling Out!

Our Convention hotel reports that there are only three rooms left from our initial block of rooms. We have asked them to add more rooms and they are working on it. These additional rooms are likely to go quickly as well. If you want to stay in the centre of the Convention action,you are advised to book your hotel rooms without delay. Visit the link below to make your reservation and take advantage of our special Convention discount before it expires.

Delta Hotels and Resorts

·
Registered
821 Posts
FYI I stayed at a Delta Hotel in Vancouver a few months ago and it was VERY NICE!

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Our Convention hotel reports that there are only three rooms left from our initial block of rooms. We have asked them to add more rooms and they are working on it. These additional rooms are likely to go quickly as well. If you want to stay in the centre of the Convention action,you are advised to book your hotel rooms without delay. Visit the link below to make your reservation and take advantage of our special Convention discount before it expires.

Delta Hotels and Resorts
Before I try and make a reservation and to avoid the problem that was encountered last year have there been any ADA rooms set aside?

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Convention Hotel/ADA

Ken,

ADA is the American Disability Act...it refers to the rooms that offer those of us help that need it. Last year the issue was that no ADA rooms were moved into the block of convention rooms; therefore, we were not given the AROC rate until arrangements were made to move the rooms into the block. There was nothing the hotel could do to help until the rooms were moved into the block other than reserve a room for me at the regular going rate.

FYI -- there are others in addition to me who required the extra facilities last year and in previous years.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ken,

ADA is the American Disability Act...it refers to the rooms that offer those of us help that need it. Last year the issue was that no ADA rooms were moved into the block of convention rooms; therefore, we were not given the AROC rate until arrangements were made to move the rooms into the block. There was nothing the hotel could do to help until the rooms were moved into the block other than reserve a room for me at the regular going rate.

FYI -- there are others in addition to me who required the extra facilities last year and in previous years.
Thanks.. I'll pass your question on the the hotel liason people.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, how many rooms were set aside? Sold out quick it seems.
Here is the response from the convention co-chair

We feel we asked the hotel to reserve a block of rooms sufficient for a "normal size" national convention. We based our room estimate on personal attendance at many recent conventions. We may have been somewhat conservative in our estimate as we didn't know what sort of uptake an AROC convention in another country would have. Although we have sold all the rooms in our initial block of rooms, the hotel has said that they will keep selling rooms at the special convention rate until the hotel is full.

We are a little concerned that there seems to be quite a number of names on the hotel reservations list that have not registered for the convention itself. It would seem that quite a number of rooms are being held by folks who have yet to fully commit to the convention.

John

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
The same thing occurred in Lexington last year and I suspect it's a fact of life for convention organizers. Unless someone wants to register for a convention event with limited space; like the time trials, or the pre convention tour, they want to lock in a hotel room then register later.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
We are a little concerned that there seems to be quite a number of names on the hotel reservations list that have not registered for the convention itself. It would seem that quite a number of rooms are being held by folks who have yet to fully commit to the convention.
The same thing occurred in Lexington last year and I suspect it's a fact of life for convention organizers. Unless someone wants to register for a convention event with limited space; like the time trials, or the pre convention tour, they want to lock in a hotel room then register later.
As many conventions as I've been to, it has always been that way. It is worthless to have a rental car, registration, and airfare in place if you do not have a place to stay.

Customarily, people book their hotel first, which is easy to cancel if the other pieces do not fall into place or plans change unexpectedly. Another reason that people do not register early without a discount incentive etc. is because if plans do change the money that was paid for registration is not refunded until after the convention books are closed, which is not Sunday afternoon after the Awards Ceremony.

In my case, I try to have all the pieces in place by the final postmark registration due date, which also means that we don't register for anything that is space limited.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.