Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that I am missing these washers that are above and below the control arm bushing closest to the wheel. This is probably the source of a heavy metal to metal clunking I get going over small bumps. Are these structural in some way? Any idea where I can get a set foe each wheel? Trying to get the car on the road, and it's the 4th of July!

·
Premium Member
13,515 Posts
I am trying to figure out what you want. Are they the two spacers that fit inside the forked end of the caster arm where it attaches to the outer end of the upper control arm?

Ed Prytherch, Columbia SC
74 GTV - for sale
79 Spider
88 Verde

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spacers

Yes, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

·
Premium Member
13,515 Posts
My Shankle parts book shows these for the 1750 and earlier cars but not the 2L. I have looked at my 74GTV and it does not have them. I have also checked the parts that I removed from an 82 spider recently and the fork is a tight fit on the castor arm bushing without a spacer.

It is possible that I have the parts as I dismantled a 1750 spider a few years ago, but I would have to rumage through a lot of stuff to find them, if I have them. I am prepared to do that if you are unable to find them elsewhere.
Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts