Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of us are not the original owners of our Alfas... I wasn't of driving age when my '87 was made, so I had to buy a used one. I've tried contacting previous owners of all three of my Spiders, but it wasn't until this third car (link below in my signature) that I was successful. And I am certainly glad I tried!

I talked with the original owner (I'm #3, I bought the car directly from #2) earlier today. I found his phone number in some of the service records, left him a message last night, and he returned my call this morning. We had a very pleasant conversation and I learned a few things about the car, though not too much as mine is a low mile car - obviously not driven much. But, he confirmed that the car had never been wrecked or damaged beyond some small dents and he is sending me all of the documentation he has, as well as an extra key he found recently. Nothing too exciting, but it was good to connect with him. He also emailed some photos of the car that he had taken over the years - interesting to see it in its past state.

So, the moral of the story: do your best to track down previous owners! If nothing else, their insight into the car's past is worth a few minutes on the phone.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts