Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I purchased my '84 Veloce, a piece of padding on the corner of my center console has always been lifted away from the metal frame. Does anyone have a suggestion for a glue or an adhesive that would hold the padding to the metal frame?

By the way, the two-tone red/blue effect is from being in the middle of removing the crappy red paint the P.O. had applied in order to restore the interior to the original dark blue color. The red was eventually all removed after carefully scraping it away and it's now all original blue on that piece.

Thanks in advance,

David

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Make sure to follow the instructions on the box or tube for best results. Some of those weatherstrip adhesives tell you to coat both surfaces, and wait about 10 minutes until the adhesive is tacky before pressing them together. On something that's already partially bonded and the two surfaces want to come together by themselves (like you have), I've often found it necessary to jerry-rig something (like small sections of toothpicks) to keep the two sides apart after applying adhesive so they can dry and get "tacky".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts