Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to see what the market is like. My '79 MM Special just spends way too much time sitting, not good for it! I have put less than 500 miles on it in the last 5 years. Pretty good shape and a lot of spare parts, new and used. Don't have much in the way of pictures, I can get some but may take me a few days(daylight a factor). I have put rings and bearings and all new valves in it. The paint and interior were done when I bought it about 10 years ago, the issues it does have, mostly from sitting in the carport. I dont see nice ones come up very often, And I am curious at this point. Thanks.

Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Dan,

I suppose you saw Stu's thread: Anyone interested in my restorable Alfetta Mille Miglia? No doubt these cars represent an interesting edition. Of course, short of seeing it in person, a good set of pictures with a detailed description of its mechanics is the only way to get an idea of a car's condition, and hence its potential value.

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Got to have more pictures. I've never seen those style badges on any of the MilleMiglia cars, even the sprint veloce script looks different!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. I will get more pictures in the next few days, may even have to wait till the weekend. The car only had the badge on the dash, the PO kept the side MM badges. I spent a long time searching for them. Only came accross 2 sets, in very poor shape, both sets over $100. I did find a set of the Sprint Veloce badges, I did not want to glue these on. I took the original MM ad from a magazine and had a set made at a pro sign shop, high quality, he does the police and fire trucks.

dan

·
Registered
106 Posts
selling or just fishing??

Need more info. Do really want to move that car out ofyour carport or are you just trying to figure out what it is worth in the market today? How much would it take to get that car moving in my direction?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know sorry for the delay. It is #1 on my list for Sat. I go to work in the dark, and it is dark when I get home. Last Sat I pulled 2 alfettas home, it took us all day. I had told the owner a long time ago I would help him get rid of them, he sold the land and needed them gone. I sure did not need them. One is just a shell, the other has not been on the road for some time, has at least a blown head gasket, in poor shape. But lots of parts. Now I have a total of 4 sitting here. And yes I am trying to get an idea of value to help make up my mind.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
GTs? If you start parting, let us GT owners know.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes all Gts. The latest 2, 1978 and a 9 of 1976, my old parts car I am not sure, drivers door wont open, yet. There is a picture on the board here of one of the cars, I will see if I can find it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GT owners, yes I will be parting out the 3 cars. The sprint veloce badges are up on ebay. I need to recover my trailering costs, about 160 miles with a 8.1L chev p/u and trailer, ouch! I am only 1 person with a full time job and limited time, dont want to get swamped with requests at this time and get people upset. Am going to start with a few items on ebay, next is the GTV side vents.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
would be great if you could post a list of items that you`re selling as well as their price so we can get a chance to buy without the time consuming bidding system....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts