Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And I know nothing about nothing about Alfa romeo , or the Spider, the car just looks beautiful.

it has 151,000 kms.

Seller's Comment

Well cared for example of a 1999 Spider limited "Millennium Edition". Red leather Momo seats as standard, electric roof, power windows, air conditioning, all electrics work. 2.0l 5sp manual (not the problematic selespeed), timing belt changed only 2000kms ago. Beautiful car and amazing to drive with the roof off, turns heads wherever you go. Only blemish is some wear on the drivers seat as shown in the photo.
--------------------

ANY pointer's, things to look out for or general information about the model would be greatly appreciated.

link to add here:
http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3127567

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Difficult to jugde the Spider on the bad photos.
Good´that the cam belts have just been changed. I had red Momo leather in my 156, looked good when I sold it 12,5 year and 215k km old. Driving seat had some patina.
The similar macanics of two Alfa held up well with no major components needing changing.
A minority og the 2,0 TS 16valve engines have a oil comsumption so check level often in the beginning of ownership. Listen for cluncks and so on in the suspention, it after all 14/15 years old.
If I was looking for a modern Spider I would probably look for one like this one.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a 98 in Canada has only 33,000 km all original make sure you have the master key check the suspension joints in the back. Engine and transmission very strong make sure you check that the belts have been changed you will love the car. I have 2 Alfas a 91 Series 4 and the 98 just great cars drove the 91 on a 10000 km tour to Newfondland last year with out a hitch touch wood. Happy motoring

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ended up getting a 2004 jts lusso over the twin spark. Going great so far.

1 owner all log books and keys. What does master key do?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
The Alfas with central looking only came with 2 identical keeys.
If you got the Instructions Book you'll probably find the answer in that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts