Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

the original color of my car was biaritz blue.
Can anybody help me with a colorcode and a picture of this color?

best regards from Vienna
Robert

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
I've never seen this color name on any Alfa and have no record for it in my fairly extensive Alfa paint code library. So, I doubt this color was factory supplied. It sounds like a BMW color to me.

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
Biarritz Blue

Don't be fooled by the BMW blue . It is black compared to the color of your Alfa. My car was delivered to Auto Koenig, Munich in 57-58 with Biarritz Blue and the closest color I have come up with is 1957 Corvette Frost Blue. If you do a search on google you will find it. It is a very non-metallic to the eye in shaded light but a fine metallic not seen in today's formulas. There is another car in NL of the same color otherwise this color was very rare and not listed by code in the Alfa the color archives. I do not have the Dupont or Diztler code handy but will get it to you off line. I also have full car pictures after the fact before assembly. Rick USA

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
Interesting. Did the Archivio Storico confirm the name Biarritz Blue? If so, did anybody ask them about the Italian name or a KF code? Any help would be appreciated to update the color database.

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
The attached site shows a '59 "Vette which i used as a matchhttp://www.mershons.com/view_photo.asp?ID=6068&image=Exterior. The Archives confirmed Biarritz Blue. Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts