Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please clarify. One paint chart showing different shade of red between Giulietta Sprint & Giulietta Spider. Other shows same tone.

I know that on my all original Sprint the red is a bit deeper (Alfa Rosso), however, most Giulietta Spiders I have seen have always had a lighter tone as shown above (Rosso).

I think my '60 Sprint is pretty close to AR 501, just not sure for my '57 Spider

Thanks,
Carm

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,707 Posts
Well, Bertone cars (Sprints) were painted at Bertone, right? Black undersides, black trunk insides. And Spiders were painted at PF (or Portello, not sure), but were one color all over, no difference inside or out. So I can imagine the different factories would use different paint.

When researching the blue paint for my 69 Spider found there is a Pininfarina Blue, which presumably would have come only on PF cars.
Andrew

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think that Sprint were "Rosso Alfa" (AR 501) and that Spider were "Rosso chiaro" (also "Rosso farina") (AR 505)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Tregana.......Rosso Chiaro or Pininfarina Red was used on the Giulia Spider Veloce's. If you look at one of my charts it calls out a "Rosso" and there is also a darker "Alfa Rosso" as used on my '60 Sprint. I'd like to know if anyone that has a 750 Spider in red what is the original color. I see your chart which bring more confusion. The AR 505 may be it, however, "Rosso Farina" has a lot of orange and it is very light and I've never seen a Giulietta 750 in that light red color.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts