Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is where we will be discussing the Concours d'Elegance. Please note that the schedule is being finalized and registration is not yet open. Convention information is being updated and posted on our website Home

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Combined AITBG and Keeneland Concours

Be sure and bring an extra SD card or two if you bring a digital camera to this year's Concours! I guarantee you'll use up all the memory you bring! From the Planning Committee seat I'm strapped into, I'm getting the latest buzz on the Alfas that are committing to our AROC and/or the Keeneland Concours, and I really wish I could tell you about them... but of course, I cannot-- yet!

Let's just say there will be no shortage of significant Alfa Romeos at both Concours this year in Lexington, alright? We will have an ample, well located area for the AROC Concours (OK, Concorso ;)), situated nearby the air conditioned Keenland facilities and food vendors. The Keeneland Concours will occupy the entire ridgeline above the entrance promenade, with car classes laid out in circles. For more detail and a layout of the area, please check out their website directly at Keeneland Concours d'Elegance, or visit the Alfas in the Bluegrass website Alfas in the Bluegrass and click on "Concours" under the COMPETE tab.

As we have stated, the Keeneland Concours organizers stepped up at the very outset of our convention planning, and declared Alfa Romeo the featured marque for 2011. Over the past seven years, they have always hosted a first class Concours event, and with the expanded capacity for our convention Concours, and the designated Alfa paddock parking available for all our Alfisti friends, we look forward to Alfa overload this July at Keeneland!

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't forget, the Alfa convention Concours will be held in conjunction with the Keeneland Concours d'Elegance; where Alfa is the featured marque.
Keeneland Concours d'Elegance

Here's a pretty poster...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Very cool poster George!! :cool: :cool:
You folks have obviously been doing a great job of marketing the convention.
Will this poster be available for sale? (I hope!) :) :)
(Or will I have to win a framed original, signed by the artist, in a raffle?) ;);)

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Car Wash information

Folks-- just some basic information here on the car wash Friday, 7/15, the day before the Concours.

The car wash will be set up at the side lot of the hotel, just around the corner from the Alfa parking lot at the rear entrance. There is ample space for washing 2 or 3 Alfas at a time, and sufficient hoses and buckets will be available. Once you are finished washing, we ask you to please move your car over to an adjacent space for drying, so the entire process can move along. We will furnish the following on site:

--hoses and spray nozzles
--separate buckets for washing painted surfaces vs. wheels/tires
--a good quality car wash liquid

You will need all other materials and items to wash and clean up your vehicle, including (but not limited to) sponges, cloths, wax, detailing attachments, brushes, etc. If you have a preferred car wash, you may use that of course, in lieu of what we provide. Extra new drywall buckets will be available.

We realize prepping your car for the Concours is something you will have thought about, and packed for, with your preferred cleanup gear. For this reason we're not going to keep sponges, cleaning cloths and/or towels on hand, because you just don't know if somebody has wiped off the underside of their car with that cloth you're about to apply to your paint. Got it!

I will bring my big old Craftsman shop vac (16 gallon) for interior/trunk cleanup, and you are most welcome to use it (away from the wet areas!).

The car wash will run all day Friday, so everyone should have time to get prepared. Our 15 year old son Mike and a helper will be overseeing things, he's a gearhead also, very hands-on and helpful. The idea is the same as the convention in general, that everyone enjoy themselves and their Alfas.

So let me know if you have any questions, and we'll see you in a couple of weeks!:eek:

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a couple of aerial views of our Concours during the Saturday activities:

Attachments

• Image uploading. Refresh page to view
    130.6 KB Views: 334
  • Image uploading. Refresh page to view
    131.3 KB Views: 317

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Here's a couple of aerial views of our Concours during the Saturday activities:
My guess, these shots were taken very early in the a.m. because the field is not as densely populated as later. By 9:00 a.m. the line to get in where you see very few cars making a right turn, was two lanes deep and gridded bumper-to-bumper back past the previous intersection and corner waiting to enter the concours.

Alternately, the shot could have been late in the afternoon as many had left and few were arriving.

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheryl,

Your second guess is correct. The aircraft fly-by was part of the Keeneland trophy presentation that began at 3:30. A lot of the Alfas had left, but we had the biggest crowd ever in the 8 year history of the Keeneland Concours. Wearing my Alfas In The Bluegrass hat, I can say that our convention Concours was a big reason for this. Wearing my Keeneland Concours hat, I can say this additional attendance contributed to the $50,000 we donate to the University of KY children's hospital each year.

My guess, these shots were taken very early in the a.m. because the field is not as densely populated as later. By 9:00 a.m. the line to get in where you see very few cars making a right turn, was two lanes deep and gridded bumper-to-bumper back past the previous intersection and corner waiting to enter the concours.

Alternately, the shot could have been late in the afternoon as many had left and few were arriving.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Cheryl,

Your second guess is correct. The aircraft fly-by was part of the Keeneland trophy presentation that began at 3:30. A lot of the Alfas had left, but we had the biggest crowd ever in the 8 year history of the Keeneland Concours. Wearing my Alfas In The Bluegrass hat, I can say that our convention Concours was a big reason for this. Wearing my Keeneland Concours hat, I can say this additional attendance contributed to the $50,000 we donate to the University of KY children's hospital each year.
George,

It was a beautiful venue and the merging of venues gave Alfisti a wonderful view of other exotics as well. The added attraction of knowing that a portion of our convention proceeds, by virtue of the entrance fee to Keeneland, went to such a worthy cause, which is close to my heart and many others having lost children to illness or persevered through chronic and extended childhood illnesses, individually or as a family.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,074 Posts
Ditto that Cheryl. Very nice event.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,074 Posts
Not that I know of and I have been unable to get my score sheet out of Arno in nearly a week, despite pronouncements at the breakfast. Does someone know the secret handshake??? ;)

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I have to agree this was a great event...are the results posted anywhere?
Mike
The results were announced at the Brunch... We have them so when we meet tonight (first follow-up call after the event) we will get the wheels in motion to post them on the AROC web site.

Not that I know of and I have been unable to get my score sheet out of Arno in nearly a week, despite pronouncements at the breakfast. Does someone know the secret handshake??? ;)
It is so secret that you can't tell when you know it... Check your e-mail...

Best regards,

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,074 Posts
Thanks Enrique. B

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As most of you know, the convention concours was held in conjunction with the Keeneland concours. Here's a nice shot at the beginning of the awards presentation:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
2011 Concours results posting?

I've checked the AROC site for this year's Concours results. If they've been posted, the link isn't obvious. Have they been posted?

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,074 Posts
I have been told that they were announced at the breakfast and will eventually be in the Alfa Owner. Hardcopy grading sheet scans are available from Arno.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.