Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, it's just around the corner...Moneterey Weekend! Concours Italiano is on Friday, August 15, 2003 and the Historics are from August 16-17. Not to mention the RM Auction on Friday and Saturday nights. Who will be there and what will you be bringing? Entry to the show is $50 per car and allows driver and a passenger to enter with the car. If you just wanna go check it out, tickets are $60 per person...it's worth entering the car, regarless the condtion. More info is at Concours Italiano I will be staying at the Best Western De Anza INN in Monterey. Let's try to stay at the same hotel (those who are going) so we can get a parking lot full of Alfa's! If you are thinking of going, make your reservations NOW.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Anthony, are you going to drive ur Alfas over there or with a transporter?

Anybody driving from LA to Monterey?
I am worried about my car not making it all the way on a hot summer August day.

I am also worried it would be a shame to put my beat-up Alfa among all the nicely restored or maintained Alfas (just to save the entrance fee), and make all Alfas look bad. :(

How about Pebble Beach?
--------
And I really want to see the Monterey Historic races too. Do u think I can still get the tickets?

I heard that the motels over there are fully booked during that period of time, is that true? I don't want to stay in SF and drive down to Monterey in the early morning. :D

EDIT
I've just checked the De Anza Inn, it's full already.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It all depends on who I take with me and if I am hauling cars up for customers.

We are leaving on Thursday to go up there. I know there will be one truck/trailer...maybe two. AROSC plans a caravan, I will work on a AROSC/AlfaBB caravan. All I need to do is contact the person organizing it from AROSC.

Your car can be in he show...you will be surprised what I have see out there in the past...just don't expect to be in the front row of Alfa's if you have some bad paint or interior.

You can buy tickets to the at the gate. Monterey Historics

Pull out your AAA book and start calling! You can find a hotel in Monterey/Seaside/Salinas/Carmel

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Thx Anthony

I just want to get in and check out all the other Alfas and Fiats. :D

italcarguy said:
Your car can be in he show...you will be surprised what I have see out there in the past...just don't expect to be in the front row of Alfa's if you have some bad paint or interior.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Chan, it's a Alfa! Of course it's going to make it!

Here's some drive's I've done in my GTV, to give you confidence.

Purchased my car in Santa Rosa, and drove back with no problems (430 miles). Drove to Willowsprings for the high performance AROSC school. 80 miles one way, then reved my car for 3 hour's on the skid pad & track. Drove back home 80 miles, drove back to Willow the following mourning, and another 3 hours on the track & skid pad, and drove back home. I did a total of 380 miles that weekend, and I did not even pour a quart of oil, I was blown away. Oh yah... I also drive to Willow at least once a month to watch Anthony race. Last thing, I drive my car like a maniac, my car see's the redline mark more then once in a day, and I drive it everyday.

Don't be ashamed of you're Alfa, mine's just as bad.

Oh yeah, I have no problem parking in the front row, for all I know, my car has not been restored so it's more orginal then the restored ones.:p If I end up going to Monterey, meet me in the front row with the Alfa's, or in the Ferrari section :D :D :D (I'm always late, so i'll end up being in the back anyways)

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Yeah we know. :D

Sniady said:
I drive my car like a maniac, my car see's the redline mark more then once in a day, and I drive it everyday.
I think I would have gathered enough confidence in her by then. I know Alfas love to be driven hard.

When I was warming up the GTV before heading home just now, my friend's new M3 just died (which had already had the engine and transmission replaced under warranty) - it wouldn't idle while my GTV was happily reving in front of it - i think she was saying "Yeah, ultimate driving machine :p" Bloom bloom...

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
alfa_chan said:
Yeah we know. :D

I think I would have gathered enough confidence in her by then. I know Alfas love to be driven hard.

When I was warming up the GTV before heading home just now, my friend's new M3 just died (which had already had the engine and transmission replaced under warranty) - it wouldn't idle while my GTV was happily reving in front of it - i think she was saying "Yeah, ultimate driving machine :p" Bloom bloom...
Bloom bloom bloom. Yeah, bloom bloom bloom. Yeah, bloom bloom bloom.

Mazda might get upset that you adapted their song to making fun of bimmers. :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
"Down in Monteray"

Hey there alfisti! I'll be checkin you out at the concourse and the historic race. Ill be in a red 74 that presently resides in Santa Cruz unless I can get the 67 duetto engine rebuilt in time to take it. Does any one have a 1600 engine or crankshaft they want to part with in the greater Bay Area? Cheers....alfamatty

1 - 9 of 9 Posts