Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Push hard and live
11,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We flew back from Monterey to Carson City yesterday. Lots of smoke. Departure delays in Monterey. Mooney behaving badly, after just being worked on. Oh well. Sold both cars at the bottom of my expectation range. So, fantasies not achieved, but the mission was. My (now ex-) 1959 2000 was awarded "Best tipo 750" award by Sports Car Market magazine. Wait a moment, that should be "Best tipo 101". Huh. Not that?

OH! "Best tipo 102".

It is now amended, and signed by Cindy Banzer, President of AROC, so the trophy modifications are approved and official.
Cindy was a great sport, and we all had a good laugh. And, to be fair, the only two other 102's had aluminum V8s, while mine has a Brazilian engine, so, close is good enough in this game.

·
Push hard and live
11,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm telling people I won the "Miss Congeniality" trophy. Pleasant, but a little ugly.

We had a very nice time. Lots of visitors and old friends.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Yes, that is one of the best trophies ever.

Just curious, what type of aluminum V8s did the other two 102s have? Montreal? Buick/Olds? Something completely different?

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Good-- mission accomplished, as they say Don. Moving on to the next check box, right? Wish I had been there to see it all.

·
Push hard and live
11,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, that is one of the best trophies ever.

Just curious, what type of aluminum V8s did the other two 102s have? Montreal? Buick/Olds? Something completely different?
One Olds, one Rover.

I finally got to see Neil Martin's "2000". Immaculate exterior, with Rover V8 sporting 4X 45DCOEs.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
It was great meeting you and your beautiful car in person Don. Here's a few photos of some pretty cars, and Don and yours truly.

The stunning Giulietta Sprint Speciale nearly won Best In Show, and the Giulietta Sprint Veloce Alleggerita was impeccably restored and ran in the 56 and 57 Mille Miglia.

IMG_9799 by TJ Noto, on Flickr

IMG_9817 by TJ Noto, on Flickr

IMG_9804 by TJ Noto, on Flickr

IMG_9822 by TJ Noto, on Flickr

IMG_9791 by TJ Noto, on Flickr

IMG_9820 by TJ Noto, on Flickr

-tj

·
Push hard and live
11,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another good day. Yes, delighted to meet you both. Come see us in the Andes!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.