Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have access to or want to sell any 1965-1971 Competition Press-Autoweek magazines?

Erik

·
Registered
649 Posts
Here is a site with many old issues archived

Does anyone have access to or want to sell any 1965-1971 Competition Press-Autoweek magazines?

Erik
Erik,

I found this link on a Cobra website earlier this year. Not all years are covered but it is a treasure trove. Caution High speed link needed to download the files.

Box.net - Free Online File Storage, Internet File Sharing, Online Storage, Access Documents & Files Anywhere, Backup Data, Send Files

Bob

1965 RHD GTA Corsa Ex Horst Kwech 1966 Trans-Am and B-Sedan Champion

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
competition press issues

To Bob:

Thanks for the web link, those were done by Bob Norton. I've downloaded most of the files already, but I need the in between missing issues. If you download files from box.net you need to do it within the the beginning of the month otherwise the bandwidth runs out. How's the GTA project going?

Thanks, Erik

·
Registered
649 Posts
To Bob:

Thanks for the web link, those were done by Bob Norton. I've downloaded most of the files already, but I need the in between missing issues. If you download files from box.net you need to do it within the the beginning of the month otherwise the bandwidth runs out. How's the GTA project going?

Thanks, Erik
Erik,

Autoweek is doing the 50 year retrospective and asked on their website if readers would buy a DVD pack with all fifty years archived. I voted yes.
I have a couple of old Autoweeks but am missing the key 1966 ones that covered Trans-Am.

The GTA restoration has been all consuming for Roman. Roman took the chassis down to the steel frame and then repaired and straighted the frame. Not one part has been untouched. Roman was able to save and restore most of the original parts. GTA is being painted now. Scott Gray has rebuilt the engine and transmission. We are putting the interior back in the car per the 1966 FIA group 2 rules. The car will be very close to like it was in the 1966 Trans-Am. Now if I could just get a photo of the left side of the car in 1966 Trans-Am trim.

Bob

1965 RHD GTA Corsa Ex-Horst Kwech 1966 Trans-Am and B-Sedan Champion

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
competition press issues

To Bob:

I've tried to contact Autoweek's Archive department and it's been at least 2 weeks so far with no response. When is the expected completion date on the Kweck GTA?

Erik

·
Registered
649 Posts
To Bob:

I've tried to contact Autoweek's Archive department and it's been at least 2 weeks so far with no response. When is the expected completion date on the Kweck GTA?

Erik
I never tried to contact the Archive department---good luck as they are understaffed. The DVD project was under consideration and I have not heard that it is a go.

My Kwech GTA will be finished in January 2008.

Bob

1965 RHD GTA Corsa Ex-Kwech 1966 Trans-Am and B-Sedan Champion

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dear Fellow Petrolheads:
need Competition Press periodicals for 1966. Mr Norman has not replied! would somebody know where to find any type of copy? Thanks so much!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Which weeks in 1966 do you need?

Dear Fellow Petrolheads:
need Competition Press periodicals for 1966. Mr Norman has not replied! would somebody know where to find any type of copy? Thanks so much!
There are a number of people that have complete collections. Pete Luongo is one. Pete will do reseach for a fee. I have some issues from 1966. Which weeks do you need?

Pete Luongo can be reached at

[email protected]

I believe Tom Shultz the Road America historian has lots of copies as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts