Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, does anyone know where I can buy online, a set of competiton headers (equal length, 4-2-1 configuration) headers to suit a 105 coupe? Other than Spruell.

Thanks,
Spada

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts
You likely already know what you want, but, do you mean four-into-one, where every pipe is equal length into a single collector, or 4-2-1 (where only the primary pipes are equal length?

4-1 header is the image below

A Darstan header, 4-2-1, is available from Wes Ingram Ingram Enterprises, Inc. || Home Page

Hi, does anyone know where I can buy online, a set of competiton headers (equal length, 3-2-1 configuration) headers to suit a 105 coupe? Other than Spruell.

Thanks,
Spada

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Paul W, yes I have, forgot to mention. Only issue is they charge a ridiculous $900 to ship it to Australia. I contacted them about this and still waiting.

Spada

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi conedriver, yes, typo, thanks for pointing out, now corrected.

I take it that is yours pictured? How did you find it?

Spada

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Have you talked to Vin Sharp at Pace Engineering in Melbourne?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Hi Spada

There are competition headers available in Sydney Australia.
Maybe ask the Veloce Racing Association and ask their advice on where to get them in Australia.
In VRA,there are many very fast Alfa 105s + Alfettas using many different types of extractor headers.
If you want to import some,maybe try RJ Racing= Richard Jamieson (alfa7) and see what he has got available.
Or maybe you overseas guys could tell us what you use with amazing differences over the usual suppliers.
What are your thoughts conedriver (George).With your long raceing history,maybe you know whos headers-extractors are better than others.
Hopefully Alfa7 -Richard-could add to this.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I am on the look for headers too, but my project is a 2L into an early 105 GT.
I have read that most headers wont fit without some mods to clear the steering / pedals / floor.
Harden, any info about this with your headers?

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts
The 4-1 header pictured was made many years ago by a late Alfa racer. I sold this and, on recommendation from Wes Ingram, installed a generic 4-2-1 header with a Burns collector. The venturi is claimed to increase torque and power and is included in the design of the Darstan header.

Hi conedriver, yes, typo, thanks for pointing out, now corrected.

I take it that is yours pictured? How did you find it?

Spada

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Conedriver thanks for the pics and explanation! I have been considering the Darstan but wonder why they are sooo expensive. (to me) And after reading about these, not only they very well made, lots of science behind them, but also seems are the only ones that will clear all points for my application. Well now, back to my piggybank.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts