Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hanging around for years.. I believe it is time for VIDEOS of common repairs that otherwise take endless searches in the archives and only word pictures.. Example -- removing and replacing a cylinder head...on a 4 cylinder motor... tear down of a transmission built from '56 to "94.. 40 years. Extracting and inserting a SPICA system.... There are no You-tubes on any of this... I believe the next quantum leap from chatter is beyond STICKY's and for someone to step it up who believes they have a better way to communicate than just a bunch of chatter which is valued of which half is just that.. all well intended.. but really not productive. I think it is time we developed a VIDEO LIBRARY.. I am the worst one to ask to kick it off. IAP, Moss Motors..to name a few do it ..why can't we?

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I would indeed .. i just don't have a project worthy of it that I have done before in the pipeline. I think the web videos I have seen are by people who are performing jobs that they are proficient in and aren't "learning" as they go. I am about to replace a SPICA pump on my car and have never touched one before. Dave Strus has a nice video explaining theories and operations of the system but doesn't go into the actual process of changing one out and making it work. Rich did a nice write-up on his experience changing one out. I just think that is the tip of the iceberg. Once the system is installed the nitty-gritty starts in setting it up to operate properly and the inevitable tweaking and trouble-shooting it takes to make it work as designed. Manuals are great but I know they have limits. If manuals and textbooks were all we needed to earn a degree or tech certification we wouldn't have had to enroll and attend classrooms in college or tech schools. Thanks for asking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts