Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's winter but NOW would be the time to THINK about putting your macchinas on the track and decarbonize.
COMSSC's 2008 Schedule below show plenty of great tracks.
1st day is normally a student/instructor or licensed driver practice day. 2nd day is AM practice session and PM time trials with end of day trophy presentation. Lots of fun and comraderie.

Time to get your Alfas prepped! :eek:

COMSCC 2008 Race Schedule: COM Sports Car Club Home Page

Race Date Racetrack Location
April 7 & 8 Monday-Tuesday NHIS – New Hampshire (New Hampshire International Speedway)

April 21 & 22 Monday-Tuesday Watkins Glen – New York (Watkins Glen International)

May 26 & 27 Monday-Tuesday Calabogie – Ontario, Canada (Calabogie Motorsports Park - Home)

July 8 & 9 Tuesday-Wednesday NHIS – New Hampshire (New Hampshire International Speedway)

August 4 & 5 Monday-Tuesday Mont Tremblant, Quebec, Canada (Le Circuit Mont Tremblant)

September 8&9 Monday-Tuesday Mosport – Ontario, Canada (Mosport)

October 25 & 26 Saturday-Sunday NHIS – New Hampshire (New Hampshire International Speedway

Driver: Stephan de Pénasse
Club Racing Instructor: since 2004
Car: 1973 Red Alfa Romeo GTV-2000
Class: SSB (Showroom Stock B until 2006), SSC (from 2007 on)
Records with COMSCC since 2000:
2007 = Instructor of the Year Award
2004, 2007 = Class Champion
2000, 2003, 2006 = Vice Champion
2002, 2005 = 4th place
2001 = forgetaboutit

In case you have not read my Velocissima (AONE) articles, here s link of a nice practice session at Lime Rock in Nov/07:

·
Premium Member
1972 Montreal. 2019 Giulia ti Sport. 2019 Stelvio ti Lusso.
1,554 Posts
Nice video Stephan, way to hit those apex! What kind of car was the camera mounted in?

·
Registered
1965 Giulia TI/1998 Spider
3,942 Posts
great video, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The camera was mounted on a Miata who also runs in my class. He and I traded information a lot of tires pressures, whats works where on the track, etc. good comraderie.

Kevin: glad you are going to make it. At the AONE put luck dinner last week I was happy to hear other members will also participate with their Alfas.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
REGISTRATION FOR NHIS and WATKINS GLEN NOW OPEN!
FREE MEMBERSHIP AT COM FOR 1st TIMERS

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
I signed up for the NHIS event, decided the Glen was too far for now.

Kevin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts