Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings:
For those who'd love to decarbonize your macchinas, here is a great Time Trial schedule of events involving Mosport, Calabogie and Mont Tremblant. There is also our track here in New Hampshire which is nice and challenging too.
1st day is Student/Instructor or practice for Licensed drivers, second day is morninb practice sessions and afternoon time trial followed by trophy presentation. A great time to be spent with racers (and Instructor and Alfisti like myself) plus tons of good people at COMSCC:

COMSCC 2008 Race Schedule: COM Sports Car Club Home Page

Race Date Racetrack Location
April 7 & 8 Monday-Tuesday NHIS – New Hampshire (New Hampshire International Speedway)

April 21 & 22 Monday-Tuesday Watkins Glen – New York (Watkins Glen International)

May 26 & 27 Monday-Tuesday Calabogie – Ontario, Canada (Calabogie Motorsports Park - Home)

July 8 & 9 Tuesday-Wednesday NHIS – New Hampshire (New Hampshire International Speedway)

August 4 & 5 Monday-Tuesday Mont Tremblant, Quebec, Canada (Le Circuit Mont Tremblant)

September 8&9 Monday-Tuesday Mosport – Ontario, Canada (Mosport)

October 25 & 26 Saturday-Sunday NHIS – New Hampshire (New Hampshire International Speedway

Driver: Stephan de Pénasse
Club Racing Instructor: since 2004
Car: 1973 Red Alfa Romeo GTV-2000
Class: SSB (Showroom Stock B until 2006), SSC (from 2007 on)
Records with COMSCC since 2000:
2007 = Instructor of the Year Award
2004, 2007 = Class Champion
2000, 2003, 2006 = Vice Champion
2002, 2005 = 4th place
2001 = forgetaboutit

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
New Hampshire and Watkins Glen event registration is now OPEN.
Next will be CALABOGIE (near Ottawa), awesome track! In May.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
...ahhh...if only my restoration were finished! So what other cars are in your class that regularily attend.....also, how controlled is the tech inspection?

Thanks for the info Stephan.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...ahhh...if only my restoration were finished! So what other cars are in your class that regularily attend.....also, how controlled is the tech inspection?

Thanks for the info Stephan.
Check the COM website for rules and results: COM Sports Car Club Home Page

In the results (say 2007) on my SSC class we had BMW 318, Miata, Mazda 3, VW Golf, and the like. SSC is Showroom Stock. Basically the car is all stock. You are allowed a minor offset for wheels (ex: I have cromodoras), competition shocks that fit original struts (ex: I have yellow Konis), I can use any brake pads and fluids and tires can be competition tires provided theyh are DOT approved (ex: I have a set of Toyos RA-1 and NITTO-01 and will probably get Hancook this year as they are getting to be faster than Hoosiers).
If you have things that are modified in your Alfa then it starts bumping class.
Even urethane bushings will technically alter handling and performance will casue you to bump class.
Hope this helps.
Tech inspection pre-event is rigorous in the interest of safety. During the event is pretty much on a freindly basis and one can lodge a protest if they suspect you are out of a class. The club is there to help and we run this on a nice and friendly basis.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts