Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just checked my paint code...It is DuPont AR 908 -
Does anybody have this colour, and if so, can you post a picture of your car?

Mine looks like it has been repainted...The registration Doc. states black, and the information from Alfa is that my car left the factory metallic black

Paul

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Yes, it looks just the same as my '82, which is Nero Metallico. Is your interior blue? It's hard to tell from the picture.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it looks just the same as my '82, which is Nero Metallico. Is your interior blue? It's hard to tell from the picture.
The interior is a black velour, with pinstripes...at least it looks black!
what is the AR code for Nero Metallico?? Marco reported that mine left the factory Metallic Black...Nero Metallico translates nicely...Is your paint code 908 like mine?

Regards,
Paul

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
326 Posts
AR908 BLACK MET. * * 14443 1982-84

AR908 CHARCOAL METALLIC 9483  * 13053 1982-1984

Two codes I found,you appear to have the top code.

John

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Hello Wales, The AR 908 charcoal metallic is not on my list of original colours for GTV6, so it seems your car has been repainted. Also for originality the colour code should be on an original Alfa Romeo marked label!

The black colours for this car are:

AR 913 Black
AR 909 black metallic

The anthracit(charcoal) Metallics are

AR 759
AR 763
AR 768

These are the black related colours.

I have an AR 759 which looks very similar to your car´s colour.
Hope this helps!
GK

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
The interior is a black velour, with pinstripes...at least it looks black!
what is the AR code for Nero Metallico?? Marco reported that mine left the factory Metallic Black...Nero Metallico translates nicely...Is your paint code 908 like mine?

Regards,
Paul
My paint code sticker is no longer there, though the glue still is. Mine's an '82 (build date 11/81), but didn't sell until 11/85. I'm wondering if the color was changed at the factory sometime during that 4-year stretch, because the color under the interior (which I'm changing over from very dilapidated blue to black velour like yours) is different from the exterior. It's much closer to grigio nube, but then maybe they're all like that. I don't know. Here's a rather dark picture of mine.

Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My paint code sticker is no longer there, though the glue still is. Mine's an '82 (build date 11/81), but didn't sell until 11/85. I'm wondering if the color was changed at the factory sometime during that 4-year stretch, because the color under the interior (which I'm changing over from very dilapidated blue to black velour like yours) is different from the exterior. It's much closer to grigio nube, but then maybe they're all like that. I don't know. Here's a rather dark picture of mine.

Bill
Thanks Bill...Even though your photo is dark, it looks a lot darker than mine.
I think that the paint inside mine, is darker than the outside...which leads me to believe that it was painted in a slightly lighter shade...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello Wales, The AR 908 charcoal metallic is not on my list of original colours for GTV6, so it seems your car has been repainted. Also for originality the colour code should be on an original Alfa Romeo marked label!

GK
Thanks GK...My label states DuPont AR 908 - and I am sure that the interior paint is darker, than the outside is, suggesting a slight colour change...

Regards,
Paul

1 - 11 of 11 Posts