Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, it's probably been 10 years since I had a vehicle in the shop for anything - disregarding specialty work anyway. But I just don't have the time I used to - 2 kids under 4, playing Mr. Mom when my wife works, never ending Honey-Do list, too many vehicles......etc.etc. (I think I hear violins playing....).

Anyhow, I've broken down and I want to take my Alfa in for some diagnostic work on a few chassis niggles and possibly (if I can stand to) have them do some of the work. Where should I take it in the Denver area? I live in Lakewood but can take it anywhere. The PO took it to Ferrari of Denver but I'm a bit worried about being treated as a second-class citizen (or at least my car being treated as second-class!). Does Alfa West do "regular" servicing or just restorations and race prep? Where else?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Supporting Vendor
4,520 Posts
Well, there are a couple of shops that I can recommend:

1) Of course, Dale McGowan at AlfaWest is great, but very, very busy. 303/789-9378

2) Andy's Automotive in Westminster is very competent, knows Alfas and gets cars finished in a timely manner. 303/427-7673.

3) In Boulder, A&M Motors is very good and right next to us at Centerline. 303/443-4872

Joe

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joe,

I think I may give Andy's a shot. I'd try A&M if it didn't take an hour to get across Boulder these days!!

C

·
Supporting Vendor
4,520 Posts
I think you'll be pretty happy with the service at Andy's. Despite the shop name, the owner's name is David, he's a Brit with tons of experience on Alfas and the type of personality that makes dealing with a mechanic pleasant.

Joe

·
Registered
173 Posts
Mechanics

A little late I realize but I'll chime in anyway. Andy's is very good and knowledgeable but not inexpensive. Ferrari of Denver also extremely good and only $5 an hour more for labor. And I can personally assure you neither you nor your car will be treated like second class citizens at Stuart's.

Steve
'72 2000 GTV
'91 164 Lusso
'94 Lexus SC300- 5speed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.