Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello: I have a problem with the vanity light in the trunk in my 84 spider. not only they do not light up (both on the hood in the the trunk) but I feel that the yellow wire of my right position right is shared with the light in the back hood and does not work either. I try to understand why...

I would appreciate to have the wiring diagram in color to trace my wires.
Sincerely,
Francois

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many Thanks!
What I dont undertstand is that there should necesserely be one wire that should go in the hood for the 3 lights near the lock. no wire is going in my hood.
I ll read the diagram carefully. in the meantime any post related to trouble shooting these convenience lights or a photo of the wire that goes in the trunk hood is welcome!
cheers
FRancois

·
Administrator
17,043 Posts
Mike, I deleted the wire diagram attachment from your reply. Rather than post them publicly, it is better to send it via a conversation (aka Private Message) with a note that Papajam's work is copyrighted. He distributed the wire diagrams freely to Alfa owners but asked they not be sold or posted publicly. We're trying to respect his wishes in that regard.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fuse number 10 was dead. I probably damaged it when I was removing the old alarm system.
So both rear side markers and tail light are working fine now.
Yet if we want the three convenience light to switch on when the trunk is open, there must be a live wire going there I dont even see it on the diagram.
no worries about the diagram: I will not share it publically and I fully respect the time of the individual who did the job: thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
243 Posts
There is no wire that goes from the body of the car into the trunk lid. One wire goes to the three-point connector on the left-rear side of the trunk base lip. The power then passes through this connector onto the trunk lid (when it is closed) and is picked up by the wire going to the three license plate lights (not sure of the color). The yellow wire comes into the trunk from the back of the parcel shelf and attaches to the power side of the trunk light. I don't know if this helps.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All right: I am a real moron! I thought the three light in the hood were supposed to be on when the trunk was open...but NOT!! there are indeed the plate lights! I did not realize that they were just above the plate ….my bad! they must switch on when the trunk is close.....
Apologies...confinement is dammaging y brain..

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
Mike, I deleted the wire diagram attachment from your reply. Rather than post them publicly, it is better to send it via a conversation (aka Private Message) with a note that Papajam's work is copyrighted. He distributed the wire diagrams freely to Alfa owners but asked they not be sold or posted publicly. We're trying to respect his wishes in that regard.
Ok. No problem.
Certainly don't want to disrespect Papajam… miss him!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts