Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Martin sent me a link to a great color photo of my Kwech GTA at Sebring in 1966 on ebay. The photo was incorrectly listed as a 1300. We bid but lost to a Dutch GTA memorabilia collector. GRRRR!

Here is the link to the auction.

Foto + dia originali Alfa Romeo Giulia 1300 Autodelta su eBay.it Fotografie, Collezionismo cartaceo, Collezionismo

I attached the photo from ebay. If the collector is on this BB I am interested in purchasing the photo, or a copy, or just tell me the name of the original photographer.

I am also still searching for a good left side photo of my car in 1966 Trans-Am livery.

Bob

1965 GTA RHD Corsa 1966 Ex-Kwech Trans-Am and B-Sedan Champion

Attachments

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Hey Bob,

Bummer'

You can contact the seller and the buyer through ebay. Looks like the buyer speaks inglish (sic). If you get anywhere let me know because colour pics of #42 may also be out there.

Have a good Holliday and I'm off south for a week

Ciao

Ken

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Winner of the first Trans-Am race at Sebring was Rindt

Is anyone certain as yet WHICH of the Kweck cars was the winner of the 1st Trans-Am race?
You mean Rindt not Kwech as the winner of the first Sebring Trans-Am race in 1966. And you were referring to the question of which Autodelta car was the Rindt car. This subject is covered in another thread below.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/giulia-gta-gta-1300-jr-gtam-1965-19/47307-ex-rindt-gta-613011-a.html

My Ex Kwech Car ran number 40 at the 1966 Sebring race and finished fifth overall and 4th in class. My GTA went on to win the Trans-Am championship with Kwech and Andrey.

Bob

1965 GTA RHD Corsa Ex Kwech 1966 Trans-Am and B-Sedan Champion

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
You mean Rindt not Kwech as the winner of the first Sebring Trans-Am race in 1966. And you were referring to the question of which Autodelta car was the Rindt car. This subject is covered in another thread below.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/giulia-gta-gta-1300-jr-gtam-1965-19/47307-ex-rindt-gta-613011-a.html

My Ex Kwech Car ran number 40 at the 1966 Sebring race and finished fifth overall and 4th in class. My GTA went on to win the Trans-Am championship with Kwech and Andrey.

Bob

1965 GTA RHD Corsa Ex Kwech 1966 Trans-Am and B-Sedan Champion

Oops...my error.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Just reading this thread I remembered I had some slides of the '66 Sebring 4 hour race so I scanned them a minute ago. Not the best quality but probably worth watching ...

Car # 36 has reg. UD 10
88 12

The shot of the GTA from the back is car # 47 without a reg.

Does anyone know the guy in the # 42 car ?

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Just reading this thread I remembered I had some slides of the '66 Sebring 4 hour race so I scanned them a minute ago. Not the best quality but probably worth watching ...

Car # 36 has reg. UD 10
88 12

The shot of the GTA from the back is car # 47 without a reg.

Does anyone know the guy in the # 42 car ?

Hi, I have not found the photos yet. (found them)

#42 is driven by Paul Richards, entrant Baker and Heijn, RHD GTA S/N AR*752507* and is seen in later, 1972, livery in my avatar. Richards finished 3rd in class behind the 2 Autodelta GTAs, 4th overall.

The provisional entry list I have does not show a #47 GTA. GTA's are listed with #'s 35,36,37,38,39,40,42,43, Could it be 37? Is it LHD or RHD? (found the pics and although I have a bias, I think it is RHD GTA #42.)

There is a excellent thread, http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/picture-room/17978-alfas-trans-am.html, with more Sebring Pictures and more pics of #42. Could you please re post your pics or the link to your pics there.

I would like to get a good copy of the #42 GTA pics.

Thanks and Regards

Ken

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi thanks for the info. I'm not seeing the photos as well, I used the button 'insert image' and added the url. Am I doing something wrong ?
I just re-checked and it is indeed a # 47 car, rhd.
Regards,
Philip aka 'a Dutch GTA memorabilia collector' ;-)

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Hi thanks for the info. I'm not seeing the photos as well, I used the button 'insert image' and added the url. Am I doing something wrong ?
I just re-checked and it is indeed a # 47 car, rhd.
Regards,
Philip aka 'a Dutch GTA memorabilia collector' ;-)
Hi Philip, When I clicked on Quote to reply the URLs showed up for some reason so I found the pics.

There is 1 GTA in the final result driven by Howard Hanna that does not show in the provisional entry list. #47 was not assigned in that list so it is possible that Hanna was given #47 but that is speculation on my part. Hanna did run a couple of other Trans Am races in 1966 but at the moment I do not know what # he used.

Others on this BB may be able to clarify???

Ciao

Ken

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
I'm not seeing the photos as well, I used the button 'insert image' and added the url. Am I doing something wrong ?
Hi Philip, When I clicked on Quote to reply the URLs showed up for some reason so I found the pics.
[snip]
Others on this BB may be able to clarify???
You don't see the pictures because the links, when copied and entered in the browser, show a complete HTML page and not just a picture. Links for images typically would end with something like /blabla.JPG.
Example: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3155/2972352699_60219a7c35.jpg (used in this message without
tags that would embed the picture).

So, the issue seems to be that the posted links are not for images, but for a whole pages. I looked at the source code of the Flickr pages quickly and was not able to figure out a simple procedure for how Flickr pictures can be embedded (view the source code, search for "JPG", copy that link into a browser to see it it's the correct picture, then copy the link onto AlfaBB). The easiest solution seems to be to work around the problem by posting references to the Flickr pages as hyperlinks with URL tags (that show the whole page) rather than using IMG tags that would embed the pictures in the text.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Ruedi, Ken,
Thanks for your help. I'll keep it like this for now and try to do it right the next time.
There have been many views so I think everyone finds them one way or the other.
You can also check the set on flickr 'old stuff' where there are some more Alfa-related photos/scans.
Regards,
Philip

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Hi Philip, .......

There is 1 GTA in the final result driven by Howard Hanna that does not show in the provisional entry list. #47 was not assigned in that list so it is possible that Hanna was given #47 but that is speculation on my part. Hanna did run a couple of other Trans Am races in 1966 but at the moment I do not know what # he used.

Ciao

Ken
Philip

Howard Hanna is shown on #47 at the VIR web site.

Any chance of getting a good copy of the #42 GTA at Sebring, Please.

Ciao

Ken

·
Registered
272 Posts
Philip

Howard Hanna is shown on #47 at the VIR web site.

Any chance of getting a good copy of the #42 GTA at Sebring, Please.

Ciao

Ken
Yes of course, do you want a high res. scan by email or an actual print ?
In case of the latter just send me a message so we can handle it from there.
Cordiali saluti,
Philip

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Yes of course, do you want a high res. scan by email or an actual print ?
In case of the latter just send me a message so we can handle it from there.
Cordiali saluti,
Philip

Hi Phiilp, I sent you and e-mail re the above

Ciao

Ken

1 - 15 of 15 Posts