Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
it's my understanding is that the color code ID for our cars is found on a sticker in the inside of the trunk lid. Well, it appears that my car does not have that sticker so I don't know the offical name or ID code for my car's color.

Do you guys know if there is somewhere else on the car thar gives me that information? My car is a 1983 SV, cream or ivory color. I want the color number so I can order some matching touch up paint.

Thanks all!
Ed

·
Administrator
17,510 Posts
Even if you had the paint color code it probably wouldn't really match. Over time paints fade, oxidize, etc. Better would be to drive the car to an auto paint supply store and ask them to match it. They have a portable color matching gizmo that 'reads' the paint on the car and will likely result in a much better match. If you are really anal you can have paint matched to the horizontal surfaces & the vertical surfaces and I bet they'd be slightly different.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Had Mr. Rees' Restorers Guide out to research a color answer for another poster, so I looked up yours as well.

The closest to what you describe for '71-'83 SV's was Ivory (Avorio) AR 103 (Straw or Porcelin white in the US)

As Eric mentioned, may be a long way off after 28 years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts