Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All:

Need your assistance on a 1984 GTV6 Maratona silver color code. Seems like my tag is missing in the engine complartment. This is a US car and believe there was one shade of silver. Its not the gunmetal grey that is much darker. Any or couple of inputs will be appreciate it.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
You won't a tag in the engine compartment - lift up the rear hatch and look underneath - if you still have a color code sticker - it'll be there. If not, you can write marco at Alfa Storico and he can give you the original color of your car from your VIN#.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
If you don't have any luck with Marco, you can check back with me. I have two silver GTV6s (neither is a Maratona tho). One of the pair should still have the sticker left on the inside of the hatch.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you don't have any luck with Marco, you can check back with me. I have two silver GTV6s (neither is a Maratona tho). One of the pair should still have the sticker left on the inside of the hatch.
Can you please look into it. I have AR 765 for light silver but that's a internet search result. Verification of two would help to make sure I buy the right color :)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Can you please look into it. I have AR 765 for light silver but that's a internet search result. Verification of two would help to make sure I buy the right color :)

Thanks
One is at my mechanic's shop... long term project. And it's only a mile or so away. Should be able to check tomorrow.

If I can't find the sticker on that car, there could be a wait. The second one is a 2 hour round trip away.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One is at my mechanic's shop... long term project. And it's only a mile or so away. Should be able to check tomorrow.

If I can't find the sticker on that car, there could be a wait. The second one is a 2 hour round trip away.
Greately appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
You could also PM BB'er "JRatto" - his father has a very nice Maratona, and I'm sure they could get a correct color code for you.

·
Registered
377 Posts
or search the bb for "paint codes",
or take a look at the GTV6 worldwide registry (for other 1984 '6's, and enter yours on there if not already) and which can be accessed through the worldwide registry thread in this alfetta/gtv6 thread (both of which I just did),
or pm/email heavy metal alfa (he probably knows off the top of his head),
or email your VIN to the factory (Marco there days?, used to be a nice lady named Elvira, and they'll also give you the build date and the first sale).

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found

Thanks guys. The registry helped alot. My silver code is AR 762 for a 1984 Maratona.
Thanks again to all

·
Registered
377 Posts
happy to have lent my small part in assistance but did you enter your '6 in the Registry?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Not sure if you got your final answer on the paint code, or not?

As promised, I did stop by my mechanic's shop to check on my silver '86. The sticker was missing on that car. Sorry. If you still need more input to reinforce your current data, let me know and I can check my other silver car when I make that trip (in a week or so).

·
Registered
136 Posts
In case you need any confirmation, I checked a Maratona this morning and it's AR 762: Grigio Chiaro Metallico (doppio strato = 2 coats).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts