Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello to all. I have been given a special gift from a very good friend of mine. It is a performance intake camshaft with fatty lobes. Brand new and never used. My friend’s memory says the cam was made by “Colombo and Bariani” (10.9 mm lift, 262 duration) and has the stamping: ARVF.109.262S. Does anybody have any experience with this camshaft? Thank you. Bill.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
May be an exhaust cam.....
Stock intake is 285.8deg 8min (EURO cam is 299deg 12min)
Stock exhaust is 271 deg 48min (Eu is same 272deg)

You will get more out of replacing the restrictive exhaust manifold than an intake cam.

TTFN Elio

·
Premium Member
13,691 Posts
I have owned 2 pairs of C&B 10.9 mm cams. They are a nice improvement over 10548 Euro cams. I also used one as an exhaust cam in combination with a big RJ136 intake cam and it worked fine. If you have just one camshaft and an engine with 10548's, then put it on the intake. It should not require any changes to your Webers (if you have them). Time them both at 102 degrees or 102/104.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello to all. I have been given a special gift from a very good friend of mine. It is a performance intake camshaft with fatty lobes. Brand new and never used. My friend’s memory says the cam was made by “Colombo and Bariani” (10.9 mm lift, 262 duration) and has the stamping: ARVF.109.262S. Does anybody have any experience with this camshaft? Thank you. Bill.

Do you want to sell it

·
Premium Member
13,691 Posts
Look at the date on that post. 11 years is a long time to be thinking about selling a camshaft.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
I am running a C&B 10.9 cam on the intake side and an L-jet exhaust. This is my first Alfa and I do not have anything for comparison, but she runs good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts