Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, I am having problems starting my 75 during cold mornings, it has spark and fuel pressure. Has any one had the same thing happen with their v6.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
It could be the cold-start system which is completely separate from L-Jet. Could be as simple as the temp sensor for the cold start (not the L-Jet temp sensor). It is located at the thermostat housing left of the L-Jet temp sensor (when facing the front of the engine) and connects with a similar plug. You can look up in the manual what Ohm it should read at cold and hot. If you are having problems with cold start, you probably just need to verify impedance at dead cold. If that checks out you can pull cold-start injector from back of plenum, cover the hole, put the injector in a bag/cup to collect fuel, and verify if it sprays during cold start cranking.
Jes

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Also check that the single wire thermostat is unpluged?
There was a recall where they removed it and cut the wire off. but some splice in a new wire and wire it up. and some missed the recall.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
So it's turning over but no catch?

Coolant temp sensor - chk ohms per shop manual. Next thing is the Aux air device. Remove it. Toss in freezer for 15 min. Remove and make sure it's open at least 75%. Should close almost all the way when warm (for good hot starting).

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I have been having problems with cold starting with my Milano Verde. I will measure the temperature sensor and compare it with my other Milano Silver temperature sensor. If the sensor measures the same then I will remove the cold start injector and see if it sprays fuel. The Milano Verde is hard to start in the morning but, runs fine after it warms up. The car does not have any problem other than cold starting. I found the problem when I rebuilt the cylinder heads I switched the temperature sensor wires. I switched the wires and the engine started very easily. Thank you for the information.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts