Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know off hand what the resistance should be between the terminals of a cold start injector? Mine's showing 3.7 ohms which seems low to me. I'm trying to figure out why it's not firing. I've got fuel pressure, and the TTS is new. I haven't checked the wiring for continuity between them yet.

Thanks
Bill

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's definitely 3.7 ohms. The link you mentioned is referring to the coolant temp sensor. The resistance on my Land Cruiser's CSI (which is a L-Jetronic clone) is around 14 ohms.

·
Registered
324 Posts
no where near 14ohms on ljet 105s fited to the 2.5. IIRC they are about 2.5-3 ohms. all ogf mine were around 2.7ohms. 3.7 sounds a little high to me. Unless its freezing cold, she should start without the CSI anyway, it will take 7-8 crancks and a pump or two on the gas pedal, but it should start unless the temp is below about 4 degrees anyway.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no where near 14ohms on ljet 105s fited to the 2.5. IIRC they are about 2.5-3 ohms. all ogf mine were around 2.7ohms. 3.7 sounds a little high to me. Unless its freezing cold, she should start without the CSI anyway, it will take 7-8 crancks and a pump or two on the gas pedal, but it should start unless the temp is below about 4 degrees anyway.
Thanks, that helps. It does start when cold, but only after 4-5 short tries. I'm just trying to why it doesn't start immediately, like it should. I'll verify the wiring and TTS this afternoon.

Bill

·
Administrator
17,387 Posts
The link you mentioned is referring to the coolant temp sensor.
Oops. note to self - read all the words...

Here's what my eL Cheapo Harbor Freight meter reads when connected to our GTV6's CSI. It starts right up, no pedal pumping needed. FWIW, our L-jet Spider's CSI measured 3.9 ohms.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Eric. I assume mine is within spec. Anyway I found a problem with its connector. One of the terminals was pulled too far back in the connector. I was able to push it forward, so now there's a good connection and the injector sprays nicely. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to shut off after 8 seconds like I'd expect, so maybe there's something funky with the TTS, or maybe I just didn't wait long enough.

Bill

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey, did you ever find the cause of it not switching off? Mine with a test lamp did what it should a month ago and despite not having gone anywhere (still trying to get it to start) it now powers up but won't shut down. Bit of a coincidence if the TTS has failed when the car hasn't gone anywhere.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I actually didn't have an issue with the TTS, once I fixed the bad connector it stared fine, and has ever since. You should resolve your inop fuel pump first of all, check the ground under the back seat, and then just disconnect the CSI, because that won't prevent it from starting if everything else is in order.
Good luck with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts