Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
Having cold start problem with my S3 Spider. It takes 4-5 times of trying till it catch and car starts. Suspecting CSI(cold start injector) - removed it, tried to turn ignition on and nothing sprayed. So removed and sent for ultrasound cleaning. These guys said only after 2 hours of cleaning it started to spray some fuel.. But also mentioned that it opened and sprayed some fuel when 12V input was sent(if it was lower it was not opening).
When I measured in my car what voltage is sent to CSI, in one of the contact i found 9.5V, in another 5V only.

Maybe someone had this problem and knows what voltage should come to CSI? Should it open on lower voltage and 9.5V is OK , which I have, and have to look already for a new CSI?

·
Administrator
18,170 Posts
Click on the link in my signature for a page of DIY diagnosis of the L-jet system in our cars. (you may need to click the down arrow to see the whole signature)

The CSS (Cold Start System) also includes the TTS (Thermo Time Switch). Power is routed through the TTS - if the coolant temp is below the set point the TTS sends power to the CSI. And only for a few seconds. And only with the key in the 'start' position. I'm not sure how many volts the CSI is supposed to get - I would assume close to battery voltage.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Click on the link in my signature for a page of DIY diagnosis of the L-jet system in our cars. (you may need to click the down arrow to see the whole signature)

The CSS (Cold Start System) also includes the TTS (Thermo Time Switch). Power is routed through the TTS - if the coolant temp is below the set point the TTS sends power to the CSI. And only for a few seconds. And only with the key in the 'start' position. I'm not sure how many volts the CSI is supposed to get - I would assume close to battery voltage.
@ghnl i have tried to check TTS also. It gave me resistance of each pin and between pins in the range of L-JET manual.
Any other steps to check if TTS could be there still a problem?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts