Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Senior TEXAS member
1,526 Posts
No thank you, that's not the future I want....
It is the DRIVE not the destination!

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Like Charlton Heston quoted with modifications. "I'll give you my OLD ALFA's when you pry them out of my COLD DEAD HANDs!"
Saw this and its cool, but I'm a driver. I like to clutch and shift. I love manual steering and the feel of the road. I drive like a NUT, sig sagging through traffic, tire squealing curves, exceeding the posted speed limits. Making a 5 hour drive into a 4 hour drive, that's fun.

Have enough Alfas to last the rest of my life. So as long as there are parts and gas I'm all set.

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Just can't imagine me trusting a 3000lb machine to neander through traffic and winding roads. It takes all the FUN out. If people decide to go this route, they mine as well take a bus or a train.
After this weeks Nor-easter. Many drivers out there need cars like this, cause they just can't drive. They can operate a car, but they don't know how to drive! Big difference!

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
No thank you, that's not the future I want....
It is the DRIVE not the destination!
Comrade, bend over. It's for the common good.

Like Charlton Heston quoted with modifications. "I'll give you my OLD ALFA's when you pry them out of my COLD DEAD HANDs!" . . . . Have enough Alfas to last the rest of my life. So as long as there are parts and gas I'm all set.
Thought you might quote Heston in Soylent Green because if this happens, they might as well EAT ME. I'm sure Texas will have a few closed course restricted use oldschool vehicle roads available. Perhaps old Route 66. But CA, et al, I doubt it. And there will be a $10/gal sin tax on real gasoline.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts