Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The clutch engages fully (almost wishfully at this point) up at the top of the travel of the pedal. I think it sometimes slips a bit under load. I was told that there is no adjustment and that it's time for a new one. Is there anything to check before calling up the shop for work? Thanks.

·
Registered
552 Posts
there is some adj at the clutch master cyl but i think its time if its starting to slip another thing check the piviot arm at the master cyl let me know

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
You say "I think it sometimes slips under load"?
I would do a standard clutch test-
handbrake on full, in 3rd gear with clutch pedal to the floor, keep revs to about 3000rpm and let the clutch out (make sure the dog is not in front of the car, in case your handbrake is no good:))- car should stall. If not, clutch is no good.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Other than bleeding it for good measure, it does sound like it's time for a new one. The clutch pivot shaft failure sypmtom is the pedal get lower.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the pivot seems okay and I don't see an adj at the master cylinder. I'll try the 3000 rpm test the next time I take it out (which will be after I put the new trunk release cable in - the trunk's open now) not in the driveway! It's not slipping all the time, but it gets my attention when I'm on the gas after shifting to 4th, say, and the rpm slows to fully engaged after the clutch is already let out.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
To see the adjustment for pedal height, not clutch operation you need a flashlight to look between the Booster and the inner fender.

So the engine will speed up in higher gears without the over the road speed increasing?? New clutch time... Baby it for now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts