Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the clutch slave cylinder on a 1980 Maserati Kyalami and the cylinder used on a 115 - 119 Alfa appears to be similar. I need someone to please provide me the dimensions of the Alfa clutch slave cylinder to see if it is an exact match. The body of my cylinder is approximately 93mm long (without the push rod), outside diameter of 35mm and bore diameter of 24mm. The cylinder has two grooves for two circlips which hold the cylinder in place.

Ivan
slave cylinder.jpg

·
Registered
445 Posts
@thecarnut, I just replaced the csc on my 86 Spider. The diameter at the circlip shoulders is 35mm, the piston diameter is 25mm, total length 84mm, between circlip grooves 30mm, front to nearest groove 29mm, rear to nearest groove 27mm, rod diameter 9mm (you will have to use your adjustable rod). Both Centerline and Difatta have them for $45 new. If you like, I will send you one of my used ones, I have several (for some reason I keep old hydraulic cylinders). $10. includes shipping.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the detailed response! It appears all the dimensions match except from the circlip to the rear; mine is longer. I just placed an order with Centerline for a new slave cylinder. It may or may not work as my cylinder's travel is significantly longer. If it does not work I should be able to use the seals on my old cylinder. Again, thanks for the quick and detailed response.
Ivan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did a little more research and it appears what I really need is the clutch slave cylinder used on the Montreal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts