Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! Just managed to buy back my original 79 Spider and when the current owner pulled it out of the barn it was in the clutch pivot arm broke. Anyone have a roadside fix to limp it home? my guess is the roadside fix is a flatbed tow truck. Thanks in advance.

Mike

·
Premium Member
14,037 Posts
Depends upon how much shifting you have to do on your way home. I made it by starting in first gear and gentle clutchless changes until I got home. If you have to stop at a red light then stall it and start over. A friend drove a Porsche 356 like that for 2 days on vacation in Scotland when the clutch cable broke.

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
Get a new pin. It only takes less then an hour to change.

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts

·
Registered
1978 Spider 1984 Spider
351 Posts
Well the "second" and subsequent times you do any task it tends to be faster than your "first time"...lol

·
Premium Member
1,578 Posts
I know Jim can do it in an hour, but if it were my car, I'd pay the $150-$200 to flatbed the car home (where ALL my tools are) so that I could do the repair at MY own pace (usually very slow) and I would have access to ANY tool in my inventory, have the lighting I needed, and not be bothered by traffic or weather distractions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts