Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the "droopy pedal" and can't shift so I'm going to replace the Clutch Pedal Pivot Pin (I got the beefed up one from John referenced in other posts). As long as I'm at it, I thought I should also replace the Clutch Pedal Pivot Pin Bushing. However, IAP is out-of-stock. :( Anyone know another source for the bushing?

thanks.

Dale
'82 Spider w/ F.I.

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
Mesure the O/D of the pivot pin, and the I/D of the pedal pivot hole (once you've pressed out the old bearing), then go to a bearings stockist and ask for an oilite bushing to match. It's better to have a slightly smaller I/D as you can then ream it to fit perfectly. I'm sorry but I don't have these dimensions to hand right now. When you reinstall it, use heavy graphite grease. Good luck!

Alex.

·
Premium Member
3,568 Posts
I had two bushings on back order from IAP and they recently called to say these parts are no longer available.

I have the "droopy pedal" and can't shift so I'm going to replace the Clutch Pedal Pivot Pin (I got the beefed up one from John referenced in other posts). As long as I'm at it, I thought I should also replace the Clutch Pedal Pivot Pin Bushing. However, IAP is out-of-stock. :( Anyone know another source for the bushing?

thanks.

Dale
'82 Spider w/ F.I.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts