Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get a squeaking, grinding noise from the clutch pedal ahen depressing and releasing it. The master and slave cylnders are both brand new, as well as the rubber hose. The clutch works fine (needs a little coaxing engaging 1st and reverse when stopped) even the 2nd gear syncros are good. Is the noise a precursor to pivot arm failure? It seems that it should just snap, but it doesn't. The clutch pedal is the same height as the brake pedal. I haven't had much sucess trying to lube the shaft as it is very hard to access. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks, RM

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I know all of the tricks for engaging 1st from having owned several old un-first gear syncronized vehicles. The noise is definitely coming form the pedal area, not down below. How would I go about lubing it? All I've been able to do is try to squirt some WD40 up in there from down below and next to the shaft from under the hood.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I posted that reply as you were writing. It was to the other post. I'll give your idea a try. Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was going to use silicone spray, do you recommend something else?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.