Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
18,818 Posts
Does it squeak if you move the pedal with the engine off? If so, I'd suspect the pivot shaft. Don't know if that means it is about to fail - more likely the pivot needs lubrication.

If it only makes the noise when the engine is running then I'd wonder about the throw-out bearing.

BTW, to ease the shift from neutral into first or reverse, first partially touch another gear (3rd is a good candidate). That'll slow the moving gears and allow you to then shift into first without a graunch.

·
Administrator
18,818 Posts
Use something that is an oil - a lubricant. WD-40 was 'invented' as a Water Displacement - formula #40 (that's the legand anyways - I guess formulas #1-#39 didn't work sp goodl...). It is neither a good lubricant nor a good rust penetrant.

A light oil in a spray can would probably work best. If it had one of those thin straw things to direct the spray you should be able to get it where it'll do some good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.