Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I assume the clutch master or slave cylinder has gone out. How do I tell which one it is? Is the master or the slave rebuildable? What type of fluid do they use?....Sorry for all the questions, car sat for a while for repaint and now this:frown2:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Its just your normal brake fluid in the system. If its the slave you should have fluid in the dust boot by the slave at the transaxle more if you have someone pump the pedal. If its the master you shouldn't have any fluid leaking. The clutch master for the cars is available as are the kits. You will have to take your slave cylinder into an autoparts store and have them match up the cup seal (I had no problem having this done) if that is the problem as the slave and kits for it are not available. If you decide to replace the slave center line sells a different one that fits, but it is different than what the car came with.

Worst case scenario the clutch is stuck and the system is fine. I don't remember the procedure for trouble shooting that off the top of my head.

-Good Luck

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
I assume the clutch master or slave cylinder has gone out. How do I tell which one it is? Is the master or the slave rebuildable? What type of fluid do they use?....Sorry for all the questions, car sat for a while for repaint and now this:frown2:
As already mentioned, if it's losing fluid then check for fluid in the clutch boot. If not then it may be the master needs to be rebuilt/replaced. If you want to replace your slave, talk to Andy at Performatek. I just replaced my leaking slave with one meant for a spider, which I got from Andy and it works fine. You just need to swap in your GTV6 push rod which is slightly longer. (I'm just assuming a GTV6 since you don't say which vehicle you have.)

Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts