Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Ok, thinking my pivot arm was beginning to fail due to clutch pedal play and sitting a tad lower than brake pedal, i opened the hood and took a peak at what a PITA this was going to be to replace but instead of a sheared arm the slop was where the pin is connecting the arm to the M/C actuating push rod. I am not sure if the pin is worn or the hole in the arm is worn but i do not see where anyone lists the pin for sale--anyone know where i can buy one of these or is it just a standard clevis type pin. [i would think it would be hardnend steel]?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Home Depot universal...just cut the length to fit. I forget the size, so use the old one as a guide. Now, why'd it wear? Best recheck that clutch mechanism. Can you lift the peddle by hand and restore it to the correct position? Does it then sink a bit from that position after one or two depressions? Do a search now to see how others replaced that pin. Sounds like yours is going and it will give out soon with no warning.

·
Premium Member
23,110 Posts
They common wear into an offset; they get a lot of abuse and normally have no lubrication, and get years/decades of use without attention. A hardened bolt or shaft would probably be better, but then you might wear out the pushrod and bellcrank holes.
Andrew

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Could be the pivot arm but if it's the Clevis pin the connects the arm to the Master than you might need a new one depending on where the wear is. There's really 3 parts, The pivot arm and it's hole. The Clevis pin and the master rod. You will need to taske it apart to see what has the wear.

If it's the pin, a good old fashioned hardware store that has those gray bins with all kinds of stuff usually has different standard sizes. If the pivot arm is worn to an oveal or the master push rod thing, then you are looking at replacing them to get a tight fit.

Some pics for reference:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts