Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am getting closer to being able to put my transmission back together and in the car.
When I took the bell housing off and removing the clutch fork, mine was missing the rubber cup, and the fork spring/clip, and there was no clip on the throw out bearing either.

I looked on the BB, it looks like I dont even need the TO clip. Is there a +/- to having vs leaving it off?
I bought one but I cant seem to pull it wide enough to get it onto the fork.

I demo'd the clutch fork and would appreciate someone checking my work. I took pictures of everything when I disassembled my car, unfortunately my clutch fork just fell off the bellhousing when i took the TOB off.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
that circular clip is a real hassle and not worth messing with; it was for the earlier mechanical clutch cars as i understand. I just today installed motor and trans into GTV so I know exactly where you are at with this!
Grease the ball, put the spring under the ball and the rubber cup on top, install the arm -- it will be loosey goosey but thats ok, as long as the two spring ends poke out of the release arm. Grease the two points lightly where the arm rides on the TO bearing. Install the thing and wire - tie the arm to the bellhouse slave hole to hold it in place. Clean first, then Grease the splines lightly on the input shaft and away you go, install

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, just to have another set of eyes check my work, this is how the clip is supposed to go on correct?
The clip goes under the rim of the pivot.
Grease> Grease cup(will look like a satellite dish on the pivot), and then the clutch fork.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I saw that thread but I couldn’t see if the spring was over or under the lip

1 - 5 of 5 Posts