Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1957 Giulietta Spider, 1984 GTV6,
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the clutch disc in my 1984 GTV6. I was told it neede a clutch when I bought it as a non runner. When I got it running it wouldn’t move forward or backward even though the clutch and shifter felt and looked functional. I guess it needed both sides of the disc. :)

Reactions: alfettaparts2

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The pressure plate looked strangely decent.
There were very few hot spots and minor gouges/scrapes. I cleaned it up lightly with an abrasive disc and it works well. No chatter or grabbing.

The PO must have opened it up to inspect and identify what clutch configuration was installed. As a new single disc was included in the sale. The front cover was cleaned and there was no clutch debris inside the housing. But that doesn’t account for the pressure plate wasn’t gouged severely. I’m happy though.

I wish I would have taken more pictures. Next time.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
That last picture just gave a me a flash back of flat bedding my GTV6 home! That was over 20 years ago!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome DOM!

I bet that tow image will trigger memories for just about everyone. ;)

That gives me an idea. A new thread for people’s cars on the hook.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Yah, well those days we didn't even have cell phones (ugh that just made me feel old) so I don't have any pictures of bringing it home. Put my buddy's plate on it and called AAA since he had the 100 mile limit on his.. Remember it like it was the other day but can't remember what I had for breakfast!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL. I can relate. 20 years ago things were a bit different!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts