Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Occasionally when I excellerate in first, I get a clunk coming from the back of the car. Under the car nothing is obvious. Suggestions? Shocks and springs are new. Bushing are okay. Drive shaft seems to be fine.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Ahh 78 a good year. I had a noise coming from the back and after searching for weeks found the jack handle swinging a little Velcro fixed it. Sometimes its the small things.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The jack handle could be it. I stuck some padding behind the jack in case it was hitting the wall behind it, but I didn't think about the jack handle.
The car has only 23,000 miles on it, and each time I think worse case scenario, it turns out to be something small.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
my 74 spider had a clunking or thumping noise on acceleration in first, about 4 or 5 times sometimes in second also, it turned out to be the driveline, after replacing the u joints, carrier bearing and guibo, it is quiet now.
cliff

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It only clunks once. A clunk may be loud or soft. And it doesn't always happen. Usually it happens after I have driven for a good distance before coming to a stop. Again, it will do it as I drive from a stop, but only once and maybe only from two stops, and then the noise goes away. These are the kinds of things that drive sports car owners nuts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts