Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked first and could not find it - is there a post or thread for clock replacement on an 89 Spider? I guess what I should be asking is - does the console have to come off? Any experience/threads on removing that console section?

Rick

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
It just pops out ..No need to remove console. Use a plastic trim removal tool and lift it out... only held in with spring clips

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
You should be able to remove the clock without removing the rear console. Start by disconnecting the battery. Pull the rubber knobs off of the heater control arms.. Then pull off the center dial and ring knobs from the A/C switch and unsrew the hex nut holding that switch to the plastic panel. Now carefully pry the plastic panel off of the front console (it is secured on by four clips, in the corners). The wires running to the back of the fan blower switch and the clock will still be attached to those two devices and you will have to unplug them before you can get the panel all the way off. There are also two small lamps inserted into sockets on the back of the panel (just below the heater control arms) that should fall out of those sockets.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts