Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone leave tip on where to get the spring steel clips for Sprint side trim? Seems the usual vendors do not carry this item despite selling the trim.

Dennis

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dennis,

I don't think you will find a source of these clips but you can just use a large washer instead. Then to hold the washer and fixing bolt in place just push something like a piece of pencil eraser or Blutak between the washer and the outer side of the trip strip. When the strips are bolted on no-one will every know how they have been attached.

All the best

Regards

Peter

·
Registered
258 Posts
Giulietta lore has it that Mazda part number is H260-64-343 works. I haven't tried it myself.
-Dave

·
Registered
258 Posts
Oops, I made a mistake - the Mazda clips are for Spider trim strips, not Sprint. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
clips

Bresco in the UK do these clips , you can fit them with a self tapper so you do not need to get to the other side of the metal to fit a nut

I used them to fit full length side strips on my 2600 spider - the strips are from a giulietta spider I think

Bresco do a range and will send samples if you are not sure which is correct - the part number I fitted was BSF052P which looks the same as your sample

Metal Moulding Clips | Classic Car Parts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Redmerlin and Peter,

Great tip, thanks a lot and I really appreciate you took the time, I´ll contact Bresco as soon as possible and I´m sure even others in need will benefit from this. I new something alike must be out there somewhere.
I could probably have made them myself out of generic steel as a temporary solution, but it is a lot of job (16 clips) and wasted time for something I pretty surely would throw away sooner or later, and there is already tons of job on the car.

Dennis

P.S. They were originally fitted with a self tapper.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi Dennis, i'm going to your threats and found this clip question. I'm also in need of these brackets. Did they work for you and how did you fix them (self tapper??). Is there another plastic pin necessary. If yes, which one. Thanks in advance for your help. Roland

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hello Roland,

Unfortunately the Bresco tip didn´t work, they´ve sent me different samples that I pointed out for them thinking looked closiest the originals, but it all went down the drain because of wrong sizes.....I finally managed to buy 8 used original ones and made the remaining 8 out of a generic steel sheet metal. Haven´t tried them yet, but think they´re going to hold.
These clips have elongated center holes so they can be adjusted hightwise and are just screwed into the holes on the body/doors, self tappered, no plastic pins....(what plastic pins are we talking about)?

Dennis

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
Dennis, use nylon screws and nuts from your hardware store fastener department. FWIW the strips are snapped on and intended to be removed by unscrewing the clips and sliding them off the strip. Spring steel from crate strapping should work very well if you are very accurate with the bends.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dennis, use nylon screws and nuts from your hardware store fastener department. FWIW the strips are snapped on and intended to be removed by unscrewing the clips and sliding them off the strip. Spring steel from crate strapping should work very well if you are very accurate with the bends.
Hi Rick,

I have already solved that issue a while ago now, sourced 8 of the original clips and fabricated the remaining 8 out of generic steel. Haven´t tried them yet though, as my side spears are being repaired now, but think they will hold as there´s no any special tension on them.

Using the spring steel from crate strapping is an excellent idea and its very pliable too once heated up. I know it might take out some of the spring properties, but it is not all that important in this case, still better then generic steel.

Dennis

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
You shouldn't heat it. It will loose it's strength. Just bend it at 90 degrees in a vice and the remainder with pliers to a 45. You should be able to find scraps at a heavy equipment dealer where they take shipments on pallets or you can use galvanized steel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts