Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some advice please guys.
Firstly let me say that the steppers are brass:)

I can hear the stepper motor on the drivers side responding, but the venting config doesn't change and the temp is always cold, well vent at least.

Even thou, the control panel does what it should, i.e. I select auto and the fan speed changes, and the venting config changes....

And the temp doesn't change when it's on max temp....

any thoughts guys?

I've had the control panel out and checked for bad solder joints etc. all was ok.

Thanks in advance
Mike

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
A search came up with one of your earlier post: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showpost.php?p=354304&postcount=3
I've got an HV 1015, and I've installed a chock cable to operate it from the glovebox, works a treat.
Did you pull or push that cable? ;)

Check that you have hot coolant flow through the heater core. One of the stepper motor operates a cable that in turn move the lever (next to the blower) to open and close the heat control flap inside the blower. Check that the lever is moving by changing the temperature setting.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, the valve's open, and there's flow, but, when I change the temp on the CCP, there's no stepper noise.....

I can change the buttons (and lights) and there's stepper clicks, but there appears to be only a whisp of air coming from all vents, even thou the blower's cranking...doesnt change !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts